Trying to get a straight answer about CPP-D Decision

We ae waiting. My husband applied in feb. We called last week service canada said we have to wait intill june22 for any information.It is nerve wracking.

It’s so frustrating…I still think the 120 day rule is too long. I am well past that and waiting fir decision letter apparently mailed May 17th?

1 Like

Why can’t they just say what’s on the screen?
I guess because some people would yell at them if the screen says no.

1 Like

They should be able to say yes or no. Agree

1 Like

It would lead to yelling at the messenger if the result is no and they probably want to avoid that.
Hopefully you’ll get the letter this week.
I am waiting for sunlife to mail me a letter and I am very anxious too so I understand.

Best of luck to you :slight_smile:

So today will mark q5 days since this mystery decision letter was apparently sent.
I will wait until 3pm today to see if in todays mail. If not, I will be calling cpp disability back but alzo the finance minister. This is unacceptable.

2 Likes

Please keep us informed. We are awaiting the22nd to call them back as that is exactly 4 months
The waiting is SO hard.

1 Like

Is CPP-D paid by the Phoenix system?

1 Like

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I thinkPhoneix ia the Federal workers pay system

Thats correct! CPP-D is not Phoenix!

1 Like

I thought since CPP-D was government too, it might use the same payment system.
There probably should be just one federal payment system.

Did you get your letter uet

1 Like

no letter and they still say i have to wait for it no one will help me.

So horrid. Good luck :slight_smile:

Can you go in person to a Service Canada center, or ask to speak to a supervisor next time you call? Keep the envelope if it is a denial as you have ninety days to appeal

I am disabled. It is too difficult to go in person. They will not let me speak to manager. They said it will take 5 to 10 business days for a call back.

I was declined :frowning: :frowning: devastated.

:sob: I am so sorry. Hugs to you! Give yourself a few days to get over the denial. The good news is that over 50% of reconsideration’s are approved. It was just in the news More Canadians seeking CPP disability benefits have denials overturned on appeal | The Star

Are you also on ltd? Hang in there. Unless you are terminal a denial on the first try is expected. So many do not appeal so it is a huge government money saver to deny on the first try. They save money because a lot will not try again.

1 Like

Now you need to request the file. Did they give detailed reasons?