CPP Disability Claim 'In Progress'?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find it in the search engine. If my application is listed as ‘In Progress’ on the My Service Canada account page, does this mean it’s being actively worked, or simply received and thrown in a hopper to be assigned? Thanks!

The same status applies to both.
It is assigned but I have no idea if it is being worked probably not.
Near the bottom of that page it says when your application was received.
My status has said “in progress” for 4 months.

3 Likes

“In progress” probably means that it was assigned a medical adjudicator. At least my status changed when the application went to medical adjudication. The status will change to “Complete” after the application is reviewed but won’t mention what the decision is.

1 Like

If it approved it will go from in progress to an amount. I checked daily and never saw complete

“Complete” means denied then :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you, everyone! @jammer I hope you get a good result soon!

Does anyone know about how long it takes to get a response for a free consultation from Resolute?

Hi There
I checked online daily and mine said Complete, about 2 weeks after I was "approved"for Benefits.
Applied in June, Nurse called in September, and I found out a week later I was approved, and then it took just over 4 weeks for lump sum payment to be deposited. No LTD involved.
Good luck

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that!

1 Like

No problem Allyoops. I hope you receive good news too.
This forum, David and his team, Blueprint etc, were a wealth of info, and I feel that it helped me greatly in receiving benefits.

1 Like

They were pretty fast to respond to my inquiry.
It probably depends how busy they are.
If you haven’t heard anything in a few days, I would call.

1 Like

You waited until they called?
I’m get anxious because it has been almost 4 months since they received my application.

We were under 4 months too–but adjudicated in Winnipeg which is a smaller pool to go through

After the nurse called me in September, I remembered something else, and called back to see if I could speak with the nurse to pass on what I had remembered. When the person who answered my call was checking my file, she came back and told me that I had been approved, and that speaking with the nurse or leaving a message for her was not necessary.
She told me at that time, it could take up to 12 weeks to receive any money (which seemed like a long time to me) she said to call back in a week or two to see if anything else was on file.

They sent me a denial letter after 7 month of waiting and several calls inquiring on the status of the application.

4 month maybe an average wait time.

Did the calls result in ANY more information?
Was there any indication it would take 7 months?

Answer to the first inquiry was that there is a huge volume of applications and they will review my application in the order it was received.

After second inquiry I received a denial letter right away as if I rushed them into writing it. Not sure if my inquiry annoyed them into denying the application or it was just matter of time. I almost feel guilty that I made an inquiry.

Can you have 2 free consults from Resolute? One on LTD and the other on CPP-D?

No idea, but all I’d like is one. :slightly_smiling_face:

Since I believe the reasons for your denial are bogus, maybe I shouldn’t call.
Except when I submitted it, I was told to call in 4 months. :slight_smile: