Help with CPP contributions (On CPPD)

Hello, I have been receiving CPPD for nearly two decades, but have been living in the USA for a decade now.
I am in need of speaking to a lawyer about my CPP contributions, which are currently being “reviewed”.

Without giving away any sensitive information, I would like to provide a little detail on my situation.
I have children that I have raised here, I have not worked in the USA, as I am a stay at home parent.
I am needing to apply for a credit split from a previous marriage while I was in Canada, as well as Child Rearing Provision while I raised my children here in the USA.

I did not know these programs existed, and just found out about them recently. Otherwise I would have done this much sooner!

I did talk to CPP on the phone and they told me that I am able to apply for those, but I will require some documents such as Marriage Certificate and Divorce Certificate (Canadian marriage), for the Credit Split.

They mentioned I would need some sort of proof or declaration that I was the care giver during my time raising my children here in the USA, which may be difficult to provide, as I am a stay at home parent.

Would a sworn declaration stating I was the caregiver of my children during the dates of the qualifying period be acceptable?

The representative on the phone was under the impression that might be all I need, but if there is anything else I can provide to help me might be best. I am just not sure what will be accepted.

I am a stay at home parent, so this may be difficult to provide documentation “proving” that I raised my children, which I understand they need, but I am not sure how to provide this information.

My children were born here in the USA and I have been receiving Childrens Benefits for them since they were born. My children are now over the 7 years of age.

Are there any Lawyers or Pro-Bono services in the Province I was previously residing before moving to the USA, that might help with this process, or at least help me get the required documents?
My income is so low that I won’t be able to afford any sort of fees, at least until my CPP contributions are updated.

I can DM sensitive information, or provide it over the phone, and can go into much greater detail than I can here on these public forums.

So basically I am looking to have my CPP contributions updated. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

They are reviewing your CPP contributions because of the child rearing years?

I looked at what I think is the form for the child rearing benefit and it doesn’t say you need proof.
I think your signing the form and saying it is true is all they need.

Good luck.

No. The review happened prior, which led to me finding out about the Spousal Credit Split, and Child Rearing Provisions.
I haven’t used the online services until recently. I have always just talked to them over the phone, and they have never mentioned anything about these other provisions that I qualify for.

Hope that clears up any confusion.