Cppd application

Hello,
I’m just looking for some thoughts or maybe advice.
I applied for my CPPD benefits on April 16 2024
I have received 2 phone calls, 1 phone call was about a month in asking if I have done any work & if I have any children I have one child with severe ADHD than today June 3 2024 saying they have looked over my application, I have made enough contributions & my child rearing provision the agent said she is forwarding it to have medical reviewed. Is this is a good sign?

1 Like

It confirms that they received your application but that’s about it. It’s kind of the administrative screening to see if you were insured by CPPD; the medical screening hasn’t started yet.

2 Likes

Thank you Caro,
I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder & have been suffering from chronic pain since 2018 due to 2 bad not at fault car accidents this stuff makes me nervous makes my anxiety go.
Thank you for the response it much appreciated.

1 Like

It confirms your application can proceed so ya that is good. :slight_smile:
Good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you Jammer I appreciate the encouragement :blush:

1 Like

Has anyone been told by Service Canada their application is listed as urgent & it’s being worked on? My account is still saying in progress.

I’ve only heard of people being fast-tracked with a terminal illness.

1 Like

Can someone help guide me in the right direction for DTC applications I’ve reached out to my MP she was not helpful at all if anything she was more supportive of CRA. I was only approved from 2017 when my first impairment started in 1999.

I’m guessing the determined you qualified for the DTC due to multiple impairments in 2017 but 1 impairment wasn’t enough.
Or maybe they can only go back a certain number of years.
I qualified under the cumulative effects of many impairments instead of just 1 severe one.

1 Like

Does anyone have information regarding credit split I’m almost at the 90 day mark for CPPD I called today they said they don’t require anymore information from me but they have sent a letter to my Ex husband about credit splitting is that a good sign for my application or is everyone entitled to credit split with or without applying for CPPD?
This has been the most stressful application & the waiting gives me extreme anxiety. I was exempt for 7 year’s of the child reading provision & made more then enough CPP contributions. Also I was recently approved for DTC does that help with my CPPD application?

1 Like

They are probably just seeing if you qualify.
I don’t know if it means anything.

Nope, CPPD is harder to get than the DTC.

Good luck.
Try to be patient and not get stressed.

Can anyone help me I was approved for credit split Service Canada called I’m gonna receive a letter however still no decision on my CPPD benefits has anyone else experience this it will be 120 days on August 15.