CPPD called me requesting more medical

CPPD called me looking for more updated medical information. As most of my medical I sent were from 2016 after my car accident. When they ask for more medical records are they looking to deny me ? Does anyone have any information or experience with this situation and were you approved or denied afterwards? My claim is in progress I filed back in October. Thank you to anyone that replies :blush:

They just want more information to make a decision, it doesn’t sound good or bad. It usually takes 4 months and probably no one has looked at your file.

Thank you . It’s frustrating especially when my payment amount has disappeared on SC website. It doesn’t look good for me . But time will tell .

I know it’s frustrating but try to stay positive.
If there was an amount, I would think they have already decided but just want recent reports for their records.
It could be like you think.

Under my payment part in SC website it used to say unavailable, but now it looks different and doesn’t say that anymore and just mentions about old age security etc . It’s weird

I would not panic as they are doing system updates-my spouses Cpp amount is off the site also.
The fact that they are looking for more medical is not bad news–it means they are still reviewing your claim.

I had a friend this summer who was approved and Cpp-D did request more updated medical from her Doctor. I suspect that you proved you qualified in 2016 and they want to review if you have had any improvement or decline. They would also want to ensure you are still under regular care from a doctor.

1 Like

Actually, I believe that’s a good sign. They are reviewing the details that you have already sent and possibly require more so that they can approve your claim.

1 Like

Thank you for your response! Makes me feel a bit better ! :+1:t2::blush:

1 Like

Thank you ! :blush: makes me feel better .

You’re very welcome! I went through the ordeal and I know how trying it can be. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Thank you EllieMae !

1 Like

A request for more medical information is neither good nor bad. In my experience, the CPP medical adjudicators would be looking for this information to help them approve your claim. I view these types of requests as positive.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

1 Like

Thank you David ! I appreciate you replying to me . Fingers crossed , going into the 6th month waiting now , going crazy :roll_eyes:

I went through the same thing. They are still wanting updates even though I’ve been accepted

Maybe depends on the condition people have wether it’s long standing or not :woman_shrugging:

Good theory.
My condition is permanent and I wasn’t asked for more information.

I thought this was the case . Mine is chronic and permanent as well .