Cppd appeal information

Hello all,
I’m new here and thank you in advance for the advice. I have Common Variable Immune Disease which is a severe immune deficiency of IGG, IGA, and IGM antibodies. I’m in my early 30s and have been on LTD since nov 2018. I do plasma transfusions 3x per week and suffer from major headache side effects. Diarrhea, exhaustion, pain in body, etc. I was declined cppd due to my disease not being severe and prolonged enough. It’s a life long non curable disease and it is debilitating. I send in a request for reconsideration and due to our financial distress the cabinet minister for families and social services has flagged my application as urgent.

Here’s my question. If I log into my service Canada it says my application is complete. Theres no payment information or any others signs I’m approved. Do you think that the complete status is for my original application? Or do they list reconsideration decisions on the website as well? I’m honestly in agony thinking about it all the time. It’s not helping my mental health. It has been 7 months since my initial application.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Unfortunately I think it’s just the documents submitted that are complete. The first sign of approval I had was a payment getting listed in my Service Canada account and an approval letter a few weeks later.

2 Likes

When you go into your Service Canada account, click on “Estimated Monthly CPP Benefits”. Then scroll down to the “Disability benefits”. If you are approved for CPP-D, it should say something like: “Our records show you currently receive CPP disability benefits

Another way I found to tell is to click on “Update Address”. It wouldn’t let me update my address until I was approved and then it would.

Good luck my friend!

2 Likes

I too have appealed after being denied on my first cpp-d application. My status shows complete as well.
When I called to make sure they had received my appeal docs the person said it doesn’t update the system for appeals but that I would hear from an adjudicator at some point - that it takes just as long to review appeals as it does original applications. So now I wait.

Good luck and hopefully having your MP flag it will help.

Hi,

I was going to ask the exact same question.

My application status was always ‘In Progress’, even a month after I received the denial letter. However, 4 days after SC received my reconsideration letter, the status of my application changed to ‘Complete’, the detailed information was also changed and now says, ‘We have finalized your application. If you have not received a decision letter, you can expect one within 10-15 business days…’.

What makes it confusing is, I’m not sure if they’re referring to the original denial letter or if they have completed the reconsideration process and sent a new letter.

Thank you!

I had the same thing happen. Still nothing new to report - no signs of approval in the my service canada portal. I AM STILL HOPEFUL. what a stressful process…
Good luck!