Case Manager requesting for Health recorde to be sent to 3rd party insurance company

Case Manager requesting health records from claim start date almost 2 years ago and asked to be sent to third party insurance Dynacare. Anyone had the same experience? Is this safe? Are they allowed to? What could this mean? Thanks.

I don’t know what you mean, Dynacare is a lab here in Ontario.

1 Like

I’m not sure why insurance companies outsource the collection of physicians records but some do.
One on my doctors got a request from Dynacare for a medical update and the information was sent back to Dynacare. My doctor said it was common.

1 Like

Dynacare is definitely not third party insurance. Usually, this means that Dynacare is coordinating the hiring of a doctor or other professional to do a review. That is one of the only reasons to send records to a source like this.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

1 Like