Which doctor should fill out the form? PCP or Specialist?

quick question, when applying for disability CPPD or LTD which doctor should fill out the forms, Specialist (Rheumatologist) or family doctor? Family doctor has known me for 15 years but the rheumatologist has only been my doctor for about 3-4 years.

Thank you

The specialist is better but do they have time?


I do my GP because they are far more accessible.

Although honestly I fill out almost all of it myself, and use a highlighter or post-it note for the sections I need help writing. My goal is to reduce the load on my doc as much as possible.

1 Like

I did that for the RDSP.

Either one. Me personally, I would get my family GP to fill it out and then I would include a letter attached from your specialist.