Request for Reconsideration Form

I am filling out the request for reconsideration form. Is it ok if I put TBD for documents that I will be providing. Also for the Reason for reconsideration - can I also just put that I will provide details once I have met with my doctors.

I have checked off box 3 - new information I will be providing as I receive it.

Thanks

Go check out my blog article on: How to do a Reconsideration Appeal in 7 Steps

However, my quick answers to your question are as follows:

Yes - Ok to say you are in process of gathering more records and will provide later.

Reasons for Reconsideration - It is ok just to say straight up that you disagree with the decision of the medical adjudicator. You can look at the reasons given for denial and say why you disagree with them. You don’t have to give a long answer here.

Yes - always check the box new information.

Make sure to send that request for Reconsideration right away. You don’t need to wait to have all your other documents in order. Just say in a coverletter or on that sheet that you will be providing more medical information and please wait to review that information before making your decision

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Hi David,

Just wondering if I am permitted to post my reconsideration/appeal letters on here for others to use. I would definitely redact all personal information before posting. I successfully won my appeals for LTD and CPP-D and I would like to help others as much as I can. Looking forward to your reply.

Yes, it is your own personal information so redact as you wish and post. We have no issue with posting information as long as it is for the benefit of the community and not some personal agenda or business purpose. Or would violate copyright of another person or entity. Thanks NILI for stepping up and helping the community!! This is why I created this space, so people are not alone and can get help from others.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Thanks for the prompt reply David. How would I go about uploading my reconsideration/appeal letters on here?

I think you have to do by photo or links. If you have a number of documents, you could always indicate people can message you directly so you can email documents.

Thanks for your reply David. Am I permitted to post my email on here?

We don’t have an issue with that as long as it is not used for soliciting people, which I know you are not doing.

Can I suggest that you copy-paste the text? Images tend to get deleted over time and text would be forever.

Hi Caro,

I’ve decided to send my appeal letters, to those who request them, via email. If they give me their email address, I will send them what I have. Thanks Caro

1 Like

Would you mind to share with me? Thanks