Really depressed, my work is being terminated cuz of early medical retirement

I’m so depressed everyone ,. I just noticed that after I applied early medical retirement that would cause my work terminated, my appeals thru CPP-d is still waiting for result, I feel so depressed as I might ended up losing my private insurance coverage any time as my dr might going to be harassed by all those paperwork in the future and refused to fill them out . :frowning: I won’t be able to find another same pay job with my education and conditionSooo depressed .

You expected your extended health benefits through your employer to continue once you retired?
You maybe able to pay for similar private health insurance.

That sounds like you can work which is maybe bad for CPPD.

Talk to your doctor, depression can be treated.

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Reach out for a free consultation if you get to a point where you are worried the LTD insurer may stop your payments, but you are still unable to return to work. Sometimes we can give proactive advice to help you prevent it from happening.

With many jobs, applying for “medical retirement” does trigger a termination of the employment, but that is really a case by case situation. Sometimes there are other options, but again it is very case specific.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.