Ready to return to work

Hi currently on LTD lthrough my work benefits. I am ready to start the transition back to work. However, they hired someone while I was off. I just found out her contract is for a permement position. What can I do?
A little backstory.
I’ve been off since April of 2023 Due to my mental health, as I was a victim of harassment and bullying in the workplace. I
had worked for my employer for 8 years in management. I was a whistle blower which resulted in people being fired and a change of Leadership.

Glad you’re feeling ready to be able to return to work. It takes a lot of strength to stand up against toxic work environments, kudos to you. Very positive that there was a change in management and executive, that hopefully translates into a much better work environment.

Unsure what could be done about the replacement for your position, especially as you have yet to reach the two year change of definition for your work capability.

Wishing you the best :pray: :heart:

Thank you for your words of encouragement :grin:

1 Like

I don’t think they have to keep your position open but they have to find you a comparable position I think.
I’m not sure, I would talk to a employment lawyer.

They can help you directly or refer you.

1 Like