Don't worry about what The Insurer says-It is all about what you can prove!

As soon as you have gone on disability-take a realistic look at your situation.
You should start a file, binder to document your claim from day one-if you have not done it yet-get your claim organized.

Keep all letters and the envelopes. All appointment letters, document each health care visit.
Document all phone calls or record for good note taking.
Do not write or mark up any correspondence.
Keep all prescription receipts.

If your Insurer says you should be better by now or exceeded the disability time-frame for your recovery.
Don’t panic. Remember it is all about what you can prove.

So from day one-keep track of your proof!

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

1 Like

Don’t make notes. scribbles and such on medical records or correspondence received. Keep everything as is without any notes on these forms by you.

2 Likes

Yes, I can’t emphasize how important this is if your case ever has to go to a lawsuit.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliabile manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

1 Like

Never thought of keeping the envelopes until I read your post.

Received a letter from my insurer requesting to sign the forms. The letter is dated June 8, the envelope shows send date as July 21, receved it on July 24 and the deadline is July 27. Go fugure :roll_eyes:

Will keep all the envelopes from now on.

1 Like

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes: that is exactly the reason why ya keep the envelopes! I hope we settle quickly and can stop dealing with that kind of nonsense.

2 Likes