Denied after waiting over 300 days

So after waiting over 300 days for a decision my husband was denied. After I read the letter it was clear they didn’t even consider everything put on the application. One reason was no further treatment was planned. Well there is no further treatment planned because there is nothing else that can be done. They didn’t even bother contacting the doctor for an update even thought it’s been so long. It’s clear they just skimmed over the application.

I’m so angry. I don’t know how these people that deny claims without really looking at them can sleep at night.

On to a reconsideration.

That is a common reason for denial, but I expect there is more going on from their point of view. Check out my article: How to do a CPP disability reconsideration appeal.

Good luck!

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Wow, that is horrible.
If they weren’t going to read it then it should have been a quick denial.
I hope your reconsideration is easier.
I think appeals tent to go a lot faster (weeks :-)) so good luck.

If their is nothing else that can be done then that should be the
Reason for acceptance, Not denial. Appeal it.