CPPD Retroactive Confusion

Hi everyone. I was informed on March 6th that I had been approved for CPPD after a call with a nurse from CPPD. She informed me that she was approving my benefit with the ‘maximum possible’.

I called and requested an idea of how the retroactive pay works but there seem to be some discrepancies between agents you speak to.

She put my ‘date of onset’ as July 2022.
If I’m getting the ‘Maximum’, does that mean that I would be paid from this date until now (March 2024) or is there a 4 month wait on top of the July date, so would that mean Nov 2022 instead?

I’m just trying to get an idea of what I may receive. Things have been tight while waiting for an approval, and Im trying to figure out how much roughly il have to work with.

Some agents say its Maximnum of 12 months, no matter how long between the application date and now.

If I’ve calculated things right, I should be paid 17 months.
Just wondering if someone can shed some light, and also - how long you we’re waiting for your retroactive pay.

Thanks

See the bottom of this article: CPP Disability Retroactive Payment: Your Top 7 Questions Answered

It’s definitely confusing! All of my back pay went to my LTD company…

I thought it is up to 12 months before the application date. :slight_smile:

Here is some text I hope is helpful from a SST decision I read
"The Canada Pension Plan says a person can’t be considered disabled
more than 15 months before the Minister receives their disability pension application.
After that, there is a 4-month waiting period before payments start.

Will there will be a lump sum for the 15 + 4 months before regular payments begin?