CPPD denial over turned

Awesome good to know. I’m only 1.5 hours from moncton.

Thanx for all your info.

Hi Kiddomoase,

May I recommend again to start your Access to Information request for your complete CPPD file and a letter to Service Canada indicating you are requesting a Reconsideration on the CPPD decision rendered by Service Canada, ASAP. Even though you are researching/considering Resolutelegal as a potential avenue to assist you with your Reconsideration request, it is none-the-less very important to pursue these two avenues concurrently while you discuss with Resolutelegal. Just my recommendation based on my experience applying for CPPD and making a Reconsideration request.

Steve

Great then. You are in good hands. Good luck.

Good idea. You can always give these files to your lawyer.

I got my CPP-D, Disability Tax Credit and LTD files in advance. Then I just provided them to Resolute to have a look. Actually my LTD file was quite helpful in my CPP-D case.

In addition, the lawyer will request all the medical files from your treating doctors. It will take some time, of course. And also they will ask your doctors to write statements about your health.

Hi, I just wrote this blog article last week. It covers what to do on a reconsideration appeal: How to do a CPP Disability Reconsideration Appeal in 7 Steps

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

I appealed with the help of a David’s book as well as some assistance from a lawyer friend. I should also point out that I did my own reconsideration and was denied. I then took the next by hiring a lawyer and was then approved. I would definitely consult with David or a lawyer who specializes in this area if you’re denied at the reconsideration stage. It makes it less stressful and they have the expertise.

Yeah I think I’ll have to appeal it on my own as I don’t have a lawyer friend and due to the fact that I’m on LTD resolute legal really cant take me case on due to the fact that if I’m approved the back pay will go to the insurance company

Did you read that somewhere?
I thought I read that Resolute can work with the insurance company to pay the lawyer from the back pay.
Maybe I hallucinated that. :slight_smile:
@David_Brannen

Yeah only if the Insurance company agrees to allow them to take their fee first from the back pay. I will need to check with the insurance company first.

Yes check with the insurance company as many will agree to this. Also, sometimes the insurance companies have arrangements with CPP Disability advocates who will represent you in the appeal.