CPPD Children's Benefit

Can somebody please shed some light if you are on CPPD and receive the children’s benefit for children under 18. When it comes to income tax time do I just declare my portion of CPPD or do I declare my portion and my two minor children’s portion for income tax purposes on my taxes? I am getting some conflicting information. Some are saying the minor children declare their own income and I just have to declare my CPPD portion which would be ideal for tax purposes. I have been approved for the DTC so hoping I don’t have to pay any taxes on my CPPD.

Thank you.

You declare only your benefit, the CPP disability children’s benefit is considered their income. Here is a link to the Revenue Canada website where it confirms this.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-917-7050 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

1 Like