Cpp disability child benefits

Hey there,
I am just wondering if the amount that shows my monthly cpp payment includes the child benefit or if that is separate.
Thanks!

I think it does.

CPP disability benefits vary based on how much you have contributed to CPP and how long you have been contributing. If you have children, you may also receive extra benefits to help with their care. As of 2016

Yes it comes all at once in one lump sum.

Thanks for the response ouida.
So just to be totally clear, the amount I see for my monthly CPPD on the service Canada site already includes the $241 per child?

I would think Service Canada would explain it to you and break it down but you might have to go in to an office.
Ouida probably knows. :slight_smile:

I can get these answers very soon I’m sure. We have a holiday Monday so it will be Tuesday. My family is on my back for repayment plan…
Was trying to get that done this weekend. I so appreciate all the help this forum has been. Thanks for always making sure there’s a reply!

Hi Lulu,
Yes, the amount listed on your account, includes the child amount, and is the monthly amount that will deposited towards the end of each month for CPPD

Yes. But I would contact them to ensure this amount in on the total. Just to confirm. However I am sure that the amount comes on your cheque and not separate.

You should ask them. I have seen both ways – combined on one deposit if the children live with you and separate deposits or cheques if your children live outside your household.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.