CPP TAX CREDIT-How long does it take

My spouse was approved for 7 years for the Disability tax credit. Anyone know how long it takes for Service Canada to calculate the refund? He was approved 3 weeks ago but so far online I do not see any adjustments in process

Do you mean tax adjustment for CPP-D lump sum or tax returns for previous years?

For tax returns, you have to send a letter to CRA asking to adjust those years that you were approved for.

When he received the notice that he had been approved for the Disability Tax Credit (Not CPP-D) -the letter stated that they would do all the adjustments as we had directed them to when we applied for the credit. I might send a letter too-just to make sure.

They did my previous years automatically.

I’m sort of guessing based on the dates of tax returns but I think it took 2 months to adjust my tax returns after I was approved for the DTC.
It may depend on how busy they are though.
It can’t hurt to call them and check the status.

I would wait a couple of months before calling.

1 Like

Thanks Jammer! I will wait a few more weeks. Just before the Christmas holidays would be great-although most of it will be going towards bills and property taxes

If you have access to a computer and I’m assuming you do, there may be an online site to check their progress. Sorry, I don’t have a link for you.

You can check if it is approved and for how long by logging in to mycra https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/mycra.html?wbdisable=true