CPP Disability Approval Process

My husband applied 4 months ago and has been told it has gone on to stage 2 - Medical adjudication. Does that mean it has been determined that he has made the required contributions?

Assuming you are talking about a CPP Disability application, going on to medical adjudication simply means the CPP claims manager is now reviewing the application and information to make a decision to approve or deny.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliabile manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Yes, but do they determine if he has met the contribution requirements before they send to medication adjudication?

I read somewhere that checking the contribution requirements are met is the first thing they check.

No, your claim would be assigned to a medical adjudicator and he or she would evaluate all aspects of the claim, not just the medical aspects. It is a bit misleading to call it medical adjudication because they also look at contributions, etc as well. They are the one decision maker that reviews all aspects of the claim and makes a decision.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliabile manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

1 Like

How did he find out where his application is in the process?
Did they give an estimate of how much longer it will be?

He called. Originally they gave him Aug 11/17 date and then said they
needed additional information from his Dr. which they now have and will
have a decision by Sept 4/17.

4 months is Nov for me.
I expect longer too. :frowning:

It’s been 5 month for me. Called Service Canada. My application is still in process. No inquiries to my doctors. They told me to call back at the of the week to see what their medical adjudication team has to say. My insurer seems to be agitated about it but haven’t reduced my benefits yet. Not sure what to think about the whole situation. Whether it is a good or a bad sign that the CPP-D process is taking so long :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hopefully it is not much more for you.

Thank you. It’s no rush for me. My insurer is panicking. They think I ran with the money already :smiley: They asked me not to spend them if I happen to receive them. And I was thinking that Italy is very nice this time of the year :joy:

What if somebody, for example, pays of debt and tells the insurer that the money is gone. What is the insurer going to go?

The insurer can reduce future payments by the lump sum amount they are owed.