CPP-D approval or not?

Hello,

I sent in my application nearly a year ago and today I got a voicemail that a decision was made and they would be sending me a letter. She never said if I was approved or not. I went to cpp website and it states

" Application status - Complete Canada Pension Plan - Disability

Your application has been processed. When a decision has been made, you will receive a letter within 10 to 15 business days.

If your benefit is approved, you can view your payment information online after your first payment has been issued."

When I click on the payement inforation it says"

Payment information

You can view your amounts for the last two years for CPP. If you are in receipt of OAS, only your most recent monthly payment is displayed.

Pensions and Old Age Security benefits are paid during the last three business days of the month. After Service Canada pays you, it will show in your payment information"

Previously when I used to click it, it would say something about me not having any payments from cpp.

Just wondering. Do they usually not tell you over the voicemail if you were approved?

Should I be seeing that payment screen if I was not approved?

Been waiting nearly a year so a bit frusterated.

Thanks!

1 Like

Also under “Estimated Monthly CPP Benefits” it states " Disability benefits

Our records show you are currently receiving a CPP disability benefit."

Very confusing system they have.

1 Like

I think it is reasonable to assume you are approved based on the message you are seeing for the “Estimated Monthly CPP Benefits”. This is what appeared for my wife approximately a month ago when she was approved as well.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. You are right. I called in and the nice lady ended up telling me how much I would get per month and that they are talking to my insurance to figure out the back pay and what will be clawed back.

2 Likes

You are welcome, glad to hear you received additional information to confirm your approval.

2 Likes