Communication between service Canada about CPP a and long term disabi

Why would service Canada need information from my ltd insurance if they already have doctors reports

Are you referring to a specific form or request?

If it is the insurance company form to communicate with Service Canada then it might only be to work out the retro payment (so it goes directly to the insurance company).

Service Canada write me a letter saying that they need information from my
ins company. And that they gave them 30 days to reply. All my Drs reports
were sent accept for the chiro/ physio- acupuncture reports. But I gave
them all that information in a letter I write them

Do cpp usually write insurer for anything other than retro pay

I don’t know.
Did Service Canada say exactly what information they want?
If no, I would phone Service Canada.

I emailed my insurer to ask? I asked service Canada but the girl on the phoned said she didn’t know?

Service Canada asked so talk to someone else until you get an answer.:slight_smile:

This is becoming more common for Service Canada to make these requests. I don’t believe there is any ill intent, they are just looking for more information to support / reject your claim. Certainly they don’t have any right to this information and I would advocate against allowing direct lines of communication between Service Canada and a LTD insurer, but many people will allow this for convenience sake. Otherwise you need to coordinate the exchange of any information between them and pay fees etc.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Hi David
What are they usually looking for? Would they ask for entire file?
Also I called service Canada and they said it was development information?
What does that mean?
Tks

Also where are you located?

NB but they do all of Canada:

They are looking for medical records and reports provided to the insurance company by your doctors or doctors the insurance company hired. The insurance company typically not send their entire file wiht all their own file notes etc. Not sure what they mean by development information but assume that is heir lingo for gathering information to assess your claim.

David Brannen

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Does that mean that Service Canada don’t have enough information to make a
decision ?

As Allyoops noted, our headquarters is in New Brunswick but we handle CPP Disability cases nationwide. This is possible because CPP disability cases are 95% paperwork and the hearings can be held via videoconference or teleconference.

We have represented clients in every province and territory, except Quebec (which has a different system from CPPD), Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.

David Brannen

I take this to mean they are leaning towards approving your case, but can’t justify an approval based on the records currently in your claim file. This is why the seek out more information before making a decision because they want to see if there is information that would support an approval. This may or may not be true in your situation, but is my general sense of what may be going on.

David Brannen

They had most records I do believe except for physio/ chiro and acupuncture
treatments I had done. Neurosurgeon said my disc issue wasn’t bad enough
for surgery but left side was due to Myofascial pain as did the
Acupuncrurist. My family dr left before he saw their letters. He had discs
issues etc as my diagnosis and I told the neurosurgeon that my right wasn’t
as bad anymore. At the time it wasn’t as bad as my left. Not sure if that
will hurt me.
I am also getting Ltd . If I hire a lawyer how do you get paid?