Canada disability pension

I filled out a disability form in February/24.Service Canada received my medical information on March 18/24. 120 days later,I called July 18/24 and was told I would get an answer in 15 days.call August 8/24 … this time thru automated calling — medical dept received my information July 23 of 2024… again I was told for sure I would have an answer by August 29/24. By my calculations it’s highly doubtful that in the next 6 days someone will be on board and complete this …another thing I see over and over again —-different answers every time —- no accountability on their part … this system is broken and needs to be fixed…makes me sad to be a Canadian …[quote=“Blacksheep5960, post:1, topic:4529, full:true”]
I filled out a disability form in February/24.Service Canada received my medical information on March 18/24. 120 days later,I called July 18/24 and was told I would get an answer in 15 days.call August 8/24 … this time thru automated calling — medical dept received my information July 23 of 2024… again I was told for sure I would have an answer by August 29/24. By my calculations it’s highly doubtful that in the next 6 days someone will be on board and complete this …another thing I see over and over again —-different answers every time —- no accountability on their part … this system is broken and needs to be fixed…makes me sad to be a Canadian …From what I’ve seen — Service Canada needs to improve their system to fix the backlogs… hire more staff…there’s no reason whatsoever for it to take longer than 120 days to find out if qualified or not. The way I see it … they should say expect to wait 240+ days which is absolutely ridiculous….
[/quote]

I agree they should fix the system but they won’t.

1 Like