Authorization to realease information

Just received a letter from insurer asking for any information pertaining to my claim, employer,group plan administrator,Heath care professionals, Heath care institution and any other medically - related facility, rehabilitation provider,insurer,administratrastors of government benefits or other bènefits programs,the medical information Bureau and investigation agency to exchange information requested by insurance company any and Or it claim service provider for purpose of administration the group plan and performing independent medical assessments is this something I should sign and should I be seeking legal advise

Talk to a lawyer, I don’t know what that is.

This letter was recieved after reguesting a copy of my file and asking insurance company to communicate with wife throw email because I found talking to them cause me stress and anexity!!!

This sounds like a form you sign to authorize the insurance company to request or share information. They need authorization forms to obtain information from your doctors, employer, etc. They typically send very broadly worded forms. You may want to limit the authorization to only your doctor or other specific people or companies.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

There also asking on this form for information on administrators of government benefits have you ever heard of insurer talking with cppd then it has a negective affect on continued support from the cppd

Does it not advise that you can cancel the agreement at any time in writing? see this thread too

They always ask for information or permission to talk to CPP-D so they may confirm the medical information you provided to them and the amounts you are receiving.