What does it mean?

I got a letter saying my short term disability was approved.
It is retroactive because I’m past the maximum number of weeks for STD and am in LTD now.

The letter also says:
“Your file has been approved in Long-Term Disability manager.”
It is not very good English so what does that mean?

Should I expect another letter about LTD that has details of when and what they will pay?

You have been approved for long term disability. You should get another letter. Long term is often paid in 30 day arrears, so budget accordingly. Often insureds don’t realize when they move from short term to long term you can have a month or 5 weeks til your next monthly payment

I’ve been doing this a long time and have never heard that one? Keep following up with them regarding the LTD claim. Often they simply transition smoothly form STD to LTD if it is the same insurer. That is probably what they are referring to here.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliabile manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

On the phone they said my LTD was pre-approved based on me sending in medical documents for my STD claim (the documents were slow to get). Then I got a letter that said my STD claim was approved to the max date (that had already passed).
The letter also said the above about my LTD claim.
I called the person they referred to on Wed but she hasn’t called back.
I plan to phone the general call centre on Monday to see if they know if I should be getting another letter.