WCB restrictions

I have been on WCB for back problem for almost a year. I have finished all the rehab treatment programs and received temporary restrictions for 6 months. They are talking to my manager to see if they can find a new job for me with the restrictions. If not, I was told they will look wider. I wonder if anyone knows what will likely happen during the 6 months and after? Thanks so much!

It is hard to say. WCB differs from province to province, but they always focus on return to work. You should expect WCB to work with your employer to try and give you opportunities to return to work, possibly on modified duties.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Thank you so much for your reply, David! I am in Alberta and I just wonder what would happen if my employer finds it hard to allow me to go back, even with modified work, due to the demanding nature of my job. Would they find me another job? A little worried what kind of job they want me to do!

Thanks,
Cei