Vaccine Mandates

David, (and anyone else):

On LTD/CPP for 5+ years and considered “permanent”. Do you think because some ins. companies support the WHO/CDC that they will also mandate the jabs in order to continue to receive benefits?

You are required to get appropriate treatment for your disabling condition. Since you were disabled before this coronavirus existed, the vaccine won’t be a treatment for the condition that disabled you. That said, regardless of your insurance status, I would strongly recommend speaking to your doctor about the vaccine just to preserve your general health. This thing is ugly for a significant proportion of the people who get it, which is going to be all of us with how contagious the delta variant is.

One caveat, some people with long COVID are reporting a significant improvement after vaccination. If that pans out then it may be required as a treatment for the people who are disabled by long COVID.

2 Likes

I don’t think they can. If they do file a notice of liability. Very smart for questioning things. There is nothing they can do to force me to inject myself with poison

3 Likes

They could never mandate it, but they could stop your payments if your employer required vaccine to return to work and you refused. Whether that would be legal for them to do is open for debate and argument.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-917-7050 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Appreciate your response David! My employer requires testing for those not jabbed. I haven’t been notified of anything but just saw that the city of Toronto is requiring it for all staff including those off on wsib. I think they might lose their top up amounts so I guess I could be at risk of that too. Hopefully they keep leaving me alone. So far so good.

1 Like