Their doctor for evaluation

Your insurer sends forms for updates? Mine is asking for clinical notes and testing. Ever have them request that? My doc just sent in a detail letter instead.

1 Like

Every six months they send a five page form to my psychologist for a detailed update. I chose to see a psychologist on my own at my expense. I want to get better. My insurance never told me I have to see a psychologist

They stopped sending forms to my psychiatrist years ago.

I have been going to groups to get better. I keep my insurance up to date.

My insurance phones me every four or five weeks and interrogate me.

They also ask for notes but they need a court order to get that.

IME done. Now is the waiting game. IME doctor asked if I would give retraining a try? I told him Yes.
He does not know I am in the any occupation category.
I gave the doctor detailed answers but I noticed he only wrote down things that were important to him such as medication and medical history.

Nothing new to report. I guess no news is good news… Well I hope so.:sunglasses:

Did you try to find GP Psychotherapist? They work as psychologists but covered by the government plan. So you don’t pay anything.

Also you should find a new psychiatrist. Your insurer can send requests to him/her instead. And you can save money by not going to these expensive psychologists.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.

I am sick and tired of our healthcare system. It has failed me again and again.

I did find a GP who does psychotherapy but no psychiatrist as yet.

I like my current psychologist despite her exorbitant fees. She understands me and her diagnosis makes sense. Actually, her boss is the one who is charging me these high fees. My psychologist does not have enough private clients so she has a full time job with the government.

It is so difficult to find good help but I keep trying.

Keep trying to get a psychiatrist. Even if you need to do it through a walk-in clinic.

I think if you see your psychologist 2-4 times a month should be enough for the insurance and will cost you less.

I used to see my GP psychotherapist once bi-weekly and it was enough for my insurer and to get Disability Tax Credit. Now I see my psychiatrist once a week and I think that is more than enough to maintain my insurance and also to receive CPP Disability.

1 Like

Thanks Elaine for your support. I will keep trying.

My insurance called and interrogated me for 45 minutes. I guess they did not stop paying me. We will know for sure on the last business day of this month. :grin:

Just letting you guys know I am still getting my paycheque so I am guessing I am okay so far.

I am seeing a psychotherapist every two weeks. He is covered by healthcare.

I am seeing my GP once a month as required.

I am still searching for a psychiatrist with a private practice. I saw one at the hospital recently but that was a one time visit only. He was good.

I am seeing my psychologist every week for a two hour session. ($400). When I get a psychiatrist I will reduce this to twice a month. It is too costly.

1 Like

Good to hear! Wish you all the best! Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you as well. :wink:

1 Like