So nervous about decision of my cppd application

Hi there,

I applied for cppd in February. I’m at 103 days. I have not worked since dec 22nd 2007 due to a car accident where I suffered from calcaneus heel fractures on both feet. I also suffered from a ruptured brain aneurysm in march 2015. I didnt know about cppd until a year and a half ago.I always though when people talked about disability they were on ODSP. I finally filled out paperwork and sent it in with all of what my doctor filled out. I recieved a phone call almost 3 weeks ago from cppd saying that I qualified based on the child provision since I had a son in december 2008 that I stayed home with. They told me they were sending my file to the medical team. After my accident I did not walk for 2 yrs. In 2009 I got surgery on my left foot for a subtalar foot fusion due to extreme arthritis. I can no longer turn my foot side to side which makes it difficult with uneven surfaces and I have very bad balance. I walk with a can, cannot stand for long periods of time and cannot walk for long distances. I suffer from extreme headaches due to my ruptured brain aneurysm which has been coiled. I am so nervous on the decision I have read horror stories of people being denied. I also suffer from ptsd from the accident. I do not drive in the winter as I am terrified of getting into another accident. I have extreme anxiety in a vehicle even as a passenger.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. It is very important your doctors state in your medical file you are suffering from PTSD.

1 Like

I think the wait for a decision is over 4 months so hang in there.
I know it makes you anxious but try not to worry about it.

1 Like

Hi Gidger, it sounds like your case is a strong one so try not to worry. The main issue with CPPD is how your disabilities prevent you from working in any capacity. If your doctor has supported that then you should be fine. However, if I were you, I would also be seeking the insurance from the car accident. Are you not trying to get compensated through that? It would not affect your CPPD entitlement. In addition, you should apply for the Disability Tax Credit DTC. It gives a nominal credit on the taxes you pay. Just google DTC and CRA. Good luck.

@cherryl

I did end up winning a lawsuit about 7yrs ago. It was placed into an annuity which I received monthly payments. The payments are tax free. I feel that I have a strong case but I have read stories where it seemed to be a given that they qualified and were denied. I am anxiously awaiting the decision.

1 Like

So happy and relieved. I was approved for Cpp disability. :blush:

1 Like

Awesome news, congrats.
That is a lot of stress off.

1 Like