Short term denied-still apply for LTD

From David’s blog…worth reviewing : n most cases, the long-term disability waiting period will be between 17 to 52 weeks. When your short-term disability claim is denied, many employers or insurance companies will refuse to allow you to apply for long-term disability. They will say that because your short-term disability claim was denied, you were not continuously disabled for the required waiting period. This is hogwash. The insurance company’s wrongful decision to deny your short-term disability claim does not remove your contractual right to apply for long-term disability benefits.

It may be hogwash but I suspect you’ll need a lawyer.

I wouldn’t classify not receiving STD payments as not being disabled. I assume you may be disabled if your doctor sees you as one, at the same time you may not receive STD, LTD or CPPD. It depends on how you look at it.

Try to get more medical support. Unfortunately, when you have a mental disability the more information you get the better. And don’t forget to take the meds!!! otherwise it is not going to look serious to them. You should always try your best. If it doesn’t work then it doesn’t work.