Can my claim for LTD be denied for being "inactive"?

I am in education and was off on STD until the end of the last school. I did not return to school at the beginning of the new school year for a different medical reason that the last one. Can I be denied my claim for being “inactive”’ during the summer months?

Discuss this with your union/federation to get details of your collective agreement.

I would be more inclined to discuss it with your insurance case manager.
You may have to submit a new claim.
The insurer might continue the claim because it is within 6 months of the first claim but it is for a different reason so I don’t know.

Thank you will do.
Linda

Disability claims for teachers can be very unusual when it comes to the summer months. In my experience the policy will set out what is to happen in terms of filing new claim or extension of previous claim. Ask your claim manager to point out the specific requirements for you.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliabile manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.