Ongoing medical care

I have a question about ongoing medical care.
My condition is such that there is no hope (it’s genetic) of getting better, treatment is limited to managing the symptoms.
I thought I’d see my neurologist once a year but I found out I will only get appointments if I have more symptoms.
I do see my regular doctor regularly for something else.
I am getting CPP-D.
Will the fact I am seeing a regular doctor regularly for something other than what I get LTD for matter to the insurance company?
@David_Brannen :slight_smile:

Hi Jammer,

You have to be under the regular care of a doctor, but that is a very contextual requirement. What amounts to “regular care” will be different depending on a person’s diagnosis, etc. The idea is that you must receive and participate in medical care that meets accepted standards for your diagnosis or medical condition. In other words, there is no requirement for frequency of doctors visits, only that you are receiving the appropriate care and see the doctor when it is necessary. The insurance companies recognize that with some chronic conditions that attending the doctor monthly or more frequent is not necessary or advisable. As long as your doctor is delivering appropriate care and frequency of visits for your medical condition, then you should have no problems.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Thanks David.
It is just not what I expected but I shouldn’t have assumed anything.

1 Like