New Management Team at Work

I’ve been on sick leave since January 2017 and since then there’s been many changes in the my Dept and management team at work. I also just found out my HR health and benefit contact who I’ve known for over 10 years has decided to retire. I don’t know the new person taking over her job, also my Dept has gone through a lot of changes. We have a new Dept. Director, a new Operations Manager and my Supervisor - I’ve know her for almost 20 years just retired. I don’t really know what to do now. I have to contact my Manulife caseworker at the end of July, not sure what he will have to say. I’m still waiting for a response from CPP-D. I feel really uncomfortable with a new boss I’ve never met and being on LTD.

My contact changed 3 times.

I have a new boss I met once.
I don’t think about it.
I don’t think it matters to the insurance company.
You don’t need to tell them.

1 Like

Thanks, it helps to know this is not unusual

It probably depends on the industrial and company.
My company reorganizes a lot and they lay off people every year.
I hope I don’t get fired for a few years (never would be ideal).
Like the saying says “hope for the best but plan for the worst”.
I sincerely hope they decide not to do anything.
It could be the HR person tells your new boss not to do anything.

I’m in a union so should be no problems. It’s just very weird not to know my boss after so many years. I’m sure HR will keep my Dept. informed of my sick status.

I’m also in union and over 2 yr mark on Ltd and my department was contracted out. What I get confused on is do I still say I’m employed when asked? I get my full benefits, they still put into my pension, paid Ltd and I’m also on cppd. They are all getting 3 weeks per yr of work severance. What happens to me if they said no more LTD. Do I then qualify for severance? So many unknowns.

You can still say you’re employed when applying for credit cards, mortgages, etc.
If it is between friends and you want to, say you’re not working due to disability.

The LTD is a contract between you and the insurance company, it is not affected if the company fires you.

I don’t think you’ll get severance if the company fires you but some people do so who knows.

If the insurance company cuts off your LTD after 2 years, you appeal or sue them (doesn’t matter about your company). I don’t think they will cut you off because you have CPP-D but they could.

Thank you very much, that helped.