Material change Lock In

Hi everyone! Need your advice. So my husband had lock in in 2018 after 72 month. His NEL 67%. Injuries related to construction work. He wants to start in home job ( IT related) . If we reort material change, can they cut all payments or as long it is locked in, it will be fine? If we have to report it, how would you phrase it? Little story, my husband had terrible constaccident where he had 15 fractures including scalp. He lost hearing on one ear, he has mental issues, spine pain, back, chest bones and wrist no healed properly. So it is bad. But he wants to do something he likes and help me little bit financially, cause It is tough for me and we have a kid. Please share yoyr thoughts i. It, the best way to inform them but keep benefits.
Highly appreciate

Hi everyone. Waiting yoyr feedback

Welcome to the Forum. People receiving WSIB benefits always have an obligation to report a material changes in circumstances, even in so-called “locked in” situations. I am a strong advocate people being being very frank and up front with the disability benefits provider (WSIB, LTD, CPPD) about legitimate attempts to want to do some type of work. This gives a person the best possible chance to preserve credibility and avoid any possibility of being seen in a negative light by the disability payer. You have to be realistic about if it is possible for a person to do some level of work. If this is supported by the person’s doctor, and the person wants to try, then next call should be to the disability benefits payer to discuss options, plan.

You have posted some images of letters. I recommend against doing that as this is a public forum searchable in google, and you have to assume WSIB will read these posts. Those letters contain identifying information even though you have blacked out some information.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Thank u.

Can they request NEL redetermination though?