Ltd payment. Cigna

Just wondering if anyone else receives LTD payment from Cigna and has not received it? I have emailed my case manager but haven’t heard back as of yet.

While HUGE in the US, Cigna is much less common in Canada. Keep following up with them directly. There can be many reasons why this happens. Try to get a sense if they have yoru claim under review. sometimes when claims go to review, the monthly payments have to be manually approved. When that happens, if you have a bad claims person they can forget, or get behind, so you get this problems of late and missed payments. Not saying that is what is going on, but keep following up with them.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Thanks David. I did get a reply staying payment would be made next week, hopefully Monday. I have just passed the 4yr mark so a review makes sense. I have just been emailing as I have a hearing impairment which makes trying to “get a sense” of things more difficult. I guess for now I wait to see what comes next. Thanks so much for the reply

1 Like

ok 4 years out. Unlikely the are doing what I suggested above, but who knows. Cigna can be bad sometimes with payments so keep an eye on it.

Another quick question. I read an article that said Cigna (usa) has sold it’s long term disability division to another company. Has anyone been approached by Cigna or been notified on changes? I have not and am uncertain if USA and Canada company are different?
Thanks

They are exploring selling it.
Usually the US business is separate from the Canadian business but I don’t know.