Ltd, Medical Benefits and CPPD Approval

If approved by CPPD does your Employer terminate your employment i.e. your Medical Benefits?

I am on LTD with medical benefits from my Employer now for 5 years. I applied for CPPD, per my LTD Insurance request and now a decision is expected in September.

1. Does the information we submit in the CPPD application get shared to our Employer? Maybe via the LTD Insurance provider?

It depends on the employer. Some will keep you on indefinitely others won’t.

1 Like

I am in an union environment so we have a collective agreement that is well laid out. Been approved for LTD and CPPD but my collective agreement states the first 2 years the employer will pay all medical/dental premiums. The HR staff said after 2 years have passed I can continue with the employer medical/dental plan but then I would have to pay the monthly premiums. Fortunately my wife has a government job and has an excellent benefits package so I will go on her plan. Best to check in with your HR department or read your collective agreement if you have one as it really depends from person to person.

Yep,
I still have employer benefits after 5 years but I am resigned to the fact they could disappear any time.
I’m hoping that the won’t until at least after work has stabilized re: covid.
It’d be really nice if they never do.
They probably get lower rates for the more employees they have so I’m hoping. :slight_smile:

Mine weren’t. I’m at 6 yrs off and they still pay my benefits and into my pension

1 Like