My insurer, is refusing to contact me or to respond to me by email, and insists in using their Secure Mailbox.
This is a recent development, which occurred just after I have made use of my email conversations with my insurer to expose a bad faith attempt.
First I will 1) summarize the important facts, then I will 2) ask for advice.
I have been on LTD for X years, and during this time my interaction with my insurer was done predominantly by email.
However, in the last two months, two incidents occurred which caused my insurer change his mind with respect to using email, and to leave me a voice message saying that they are not allowed to email me anymore.
1.1) First Incident: May
In mid May, my case manager contacted me at a X year out of date address and attempted to call me at a X year out of date phone number. Upon being unsuccessful in these two attempts at contacting me, she sent me a bare email, with no content, except one attachment.
If I had failed to notice this deceptively bare email I would have been in breach of contract for failing to reply to multiple attempts by the insurer to contact me.
As such, upon realizing that I had just escaped a potential breach of contract situation, I escalated in the insurer’s hierarchy, stating how, through I had just found myself put in a situation to be in breach of contract. (This escalation was done by using my email, which is the email I have been using during the last X years, when dealing with my insurer.)
1.2) Second Incident: June
Just a few weeks later, the same case manager that caused the first incident, lied by stating that she had sent me a Statement, (when she had not.) While I am undecided on whether the first incident was intentional, I believe that this second incident was intentional.
As such, for the second time in a matter of weeks, I escalated to higher ups in both my workplace and in the insurers hierarchy stating how I was put in a situation to be in breach of contract. Just as I did for my earlier escalation, I used my work email in order to accomplish this.
- NEED ADVICE
This bring me to current times, and to the current issue. My NEW case manager, is refusing to email me!
What am I to do?
I believe that the reason of my insurer’s refusal to use email to contact me is that it is trying to avoid any future escalations, such I have done twice this year.
What are my options?
On one hand, I really do not want to correspond just by mail, since there is a huge delay built in in interacting this way, On the other hand, I do not wish to accept their forcing me to abandon using my email.
It is all the more important that they be held accountable for their future actions, GIVEN their previous actions.
Any help is appreciated.
I am experiencing difficulties in finding the right person/ firm to help me with my issues, and feel I am stuck.