Direct Funding care ontario

Does anyone no if awarded this program would it affect any incomes from CPPD or LTD. you can scan through the information. I have read this and am unsure what the outcome would be if giving the opportunity to self manage own activities of daily living

Go to link

www.dfontario.ca

It definitely wouldn’t affect CPP-D.

LTD depends on your specific policy but I don’t think so.
Someone else might be more knowledgeable.

If the person self-managing their own care resources receives funds in payment for the management responsibilities, then it is possible this could be deemed to be self-employment income that could possibly be deducted from LTD. If the money simply flows through to the care providers, then I can’t see how it would be deductible from LTD payments. The issue you run into with LTD is whether the skills required to manage this program would be sufficient to do paid employment as well – my guess is that in most cases being able to manage this program would not necessarily demonstrate ability to do paid employment. It is the kind of thing, however, you want to tell the LTD insurance company about so you are completely transparent with them.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Thank you for the clarification on this subject. I cannot decide what is in my best interest. There are no guarantees that I or anyone gets it. I would have to submit detailed information than be invited for an interview. This process can take up to one year to qualify.
Again thank you