Denied after many years LTD , false claims from insurer

I have been on LTD for several years, I get a letter claiming I made false statements and no longer qualify for LTD.
They claim I have been working for a few years because a family member opened a business. I do do help out with the business but not like a full time job. However the insurance company claims I work for the family member. How can they make a call that I am working when I am not???

If they had an issue with me helping out why did they not advise me at the time I told them. I offered full disclosure to the best of my ability.

They are requesting repayment of past benefits for any money paid

Please help me understand how to stop this crazy idea that they can make this claim.

1 Like

Hi, if you have not already done so, I recommend you immediately speak with a disability lawyer for a free consultation. I have seen this situation many times and it is not something you are going to be able to clear up without litigation.

You can contact us for a free consultation.

You need to handle this situation very carefully as I expect they have you on video. I would recommend not saying anything else on this forum about this. I have made big edits to your post to remove information that can identify you. This information is searchable by the public, including insurance companies. Statements in here can be used against you by the insurance company.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

1 Like