CPPD and LTD while on vacation

I am on CPP and LTD disability, can I go out from Toronto for a month or so to go to my home country. Do I need to report that I am going out of the country?

You should probably inform your insurer and ask your doctor.


I agree with Jammer that you should report any out of country travel to both CPP disability and your insurance company, especially if the time away is open ended (month or so). Otherwise they could terminate your payments immediately upon discovering your trip. With trips out of country you need to make sure you can show you have continuity of medical care while away, or at the very least have your doctor prepare a letter confirming this trip will not compromise your ongoing medical care, etc. You will want to give that letter to CPPD and your insurance company.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

1 Like

Thank you for the information, I do appreciate.

1 Like