Covid19 and DTC

Canadians with disabilities will be sent a one-time tax-free payment of up to $600, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced on Friday, in an effort to help offset the financial pressures of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This new financial aid will go to all who are eligible for the Disability Tax Credit, as of June 1.

3 Likes

jammer, Thank you for posting this. This extra $600 will help all of us. However, I am a bit concerned in future years our income tax return will have a new line, “Covid-19 Surtax.” :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am optimistic that won’t happen.

1 Like

Thank you for posting this. I heard PM announcing it yesterday. I guess they will just deposit it to our accounts and we don’t need to do anything.

1 Like

Probably but who knows when.
Seniors get their bonus in July I think. The

1 Like

Can we get this every month please ? :smile: :smile:

3 Likes

My guess is July (like the seniors).

1 Like

I want interest on my $600.

Looks like that isn’t too certain now.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/politics/2020/6/11/1_4979396.html

It’s only for those qualified for the disability tax credit. Not everyone has applied or qualifies and are only receiving CPP-D :confused:

2 Likes

I’m not holding my breath.

Maybe they’ll extend the CERB to disabled people who don’t work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be nice until LTD claws it back

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s employment income.
It’s an interesting hypothetical situation.

1 Like

Has anyone hear anything more about the $600? Are we going to get it?

I’ve been denied twice now for CPP Disability and next step is Tribunal. I am represented by your firm ResoluteLegal and I’m hopeful that all works out. I have been without money now for almost 2 years my retirement savings is gone now. Any help financially will be welcomed

1 Like

I haven’t.
Last I heard was the opposition objected so nothing happened.

1 Like

Lord I wish something was updated through media for this $600. Why leave the people who finally qualify for a benefit sit in limbo!

1 Like

It is paid for those who qualify for disability tax credit. Did you get DTC?

What about provincial disability benefits? (like ODSP, Ontario Works, AISH) Did you try to apply for those?

Yes I have a Disability Tax Credit but have not received the $600.

1 Like

I don’t live in Ontario I live in NB and I don’t qualify for anything due to using retirement savings so income was too high.

1 Like