Cost of living increase

We subtract any income provided to you:

for the same or a subsequent disability under any government-
sponsored plan, excluding dependent benefits, employment
insurance benefits and automatic cost-of-living increases under
any government-sponsored plan that occur after benefits begin.

I read this as they will not subtract my yearly increase of my CPP-D from my LTD.

Your Long-Term Disability payment will be increased each January 1
based on the calculated increase in the Canadian Consumer Price index
up to a maximum of 3.00%.

The case worker told me the new amount of my LTD not subtracting anything.
The deposit statement has the deposit amount and it seems to subtract my increased CPP-D.

Yes follow up with them. Based on that wording they should not be deducing your CPPD increases for inflation. Are they deducting income taxes?

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

My LTD is tax free. :slight_smile:

Is it a common occurrence they would make that mistake?
I wish they would send a detail breakdown of how they calculated it, I get a headache doing math.

Jammer just ask for a detailed breakdown or a copy of your claim file. The calculation will be there.