Clause at Bottom of Activities Questionnaire

Hi All,

Wondering about clause at bottom of activities form.

It says: “I authorize (So and So) and Plan Sponsor and their Medical Consultants to exchange info about me that is relevant to claim for planning and managing my rehab and return to work, in accordance with previous authorization in my claim form” … paraphrased somewhat.

Do I agree to this?

P.S. I already read articles pertaining to other clauses on this form; I’m not sure about this one.

Thanks

1 Like

I’d compare the wording of that clause to the wording on the forms you originally signed, and see if there any differences. It might just be a repeat of what you’ve already agreed too.

More importantly though…take caution when sent activities questionnaires…based on some others experiences these forms very well may mean they are about to (or already are) put you on surveillance. They’ll look for discrepancies between what you put on the forms and what a surveillance investigator sees when monitoring your activities, so just be honest. If the form has some pretty vague questions, write your adjuster for clarity.

2 Likes

Are you part of our Insiders Membership? David had a webinar on these update forms and answered questions about these consents. If you want to email me, I can send you the information on logging in and link which webinar covers it!
jen@resolutelegal.ca

1 Like

I can never say 100% without knowing more about your situation, but generally I recommend people sign forms with that type of wording. The insurance company does need authorization to communicate when planning a return to work. This is more for practical reasons and you want to be cooperative.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-917-7050 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.