Change in marital status

Would a change in marital status from single to married effect my insurance payments?

If I understand you to mean will getting married affect the disability payment I am getting from my insurance company…the answer is no…unless there are unusual circumstance like you start working in a family business or something that is tangentially related to new spouse.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliabile manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

What if they think that you can go through all that hassle like meeting someone new, wedding preparations, communications, wedding ceremony, etc. then why can’t you do your job? It all requires skills and effort.

1 Like

I don’t think that would work against anyone. You can have a lot of help in preparing a wedding.

And what if you get pregnant and have a kid while on LTD? What are the chances that they will cut you off?

1 Like

Just tell them to wait until the baby is born so you can know for sure if your the mother or someone else—just stump them with nonsense! :thinking:

LOL then you are guaranteed that they won’t cut you off as they may think you are delusional and need further treatment.

1 Like

Talking about nonsense. It reminded me of a joke that I read recently.

Girl: John, I am pregnant. You are the father.
John: What? But we never slept!
Girl: Yeah, I know. I am shocked too.

Just for laughs :smiley:

1 Like