Applying for CPP-D

The application form for CPP-D says:

Please use a pen and write as clearly as possible.
If you need help in completing the forms, ask a relative, a friend, or your
representative or anyone else who can act on your behalf.

Does it have to be written?
I would like to type my answers on an attached sheet.
I could type it and get a relative to transcribe it but there is no way I can write/print it.

Yes, Service Canada will accept typed applications. When we file a CPP Application for a client we always type it.

You can call Service Canada or drop by one of their locations. They are quite friendly and will answer any questions about the forms. They will certify your docs and even mail your application free of charge.