A year and a half waiting for this day

I got the box of documents from my case and the retro cheque for LTD in my hands today. What an odd feeling. Similar to a couple of months ago when I found out my claim was won, I think it’ll take a few days to sink in. Now to figure out paying back the EI sick benefits from the weeks that I got them, figuring out amendments to tax returns from the past couple of years, sorting out creditors etc…and probably worrying as in a few short months will be the 2 year mark that I went on leave from work. :laughing: I love my job, I really want to be able to get back to it and hate to think I could get let go. One day at a time, right?

Anyway - what a ride it’s been. I have had such good advice from David and this forum, and I just want to thank you guys. For those struggling with their LTD, CPP, employer, job, family, and financial stress on top of the health issues we are all fighting - keep up the fight. Persistence does pay off, validation will come, and there are people that will help you. Never be hesitant to ask for it.

1 Like

Congrats, that must be a big relief.

1 Like

Well said. Congrats!

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

1 Like