Waiting 6 months no answer yet

Hi there everyone.

So my dr and I took three months to fully complete my cpp application. Mostly in part bc I have so many health issues it took numerous appts to complete over a period of time again due to my health limitations. Anyway my file is very detailed with numerous attached documents. I finally got a letter a month ago 5 plus months later stating they wrote to my employer requesting information and gave them one month. Today a month later cpp wrote to me again stating they did not hear from my employer and are giving them 21 more days and if they do not hear back with the information they requested they will decide on the information they have from me
My question is what could they be requesting from my employer they don’t already have?

Does anyone know?

Is it a good sign they didn’t contact my dr requesting more?

The exact same thing happened to me. I immediately contacted my insurer and my employer by email and asked the employer to send the forms ASAP and they did fill them in before the 21 days.

I don’t know what they asked my employer for but now you know you are not the only one.

2 Likes

I doubt it’s good or bad.

Contact HR of your employer.
Maybe even contact your insurance company if they asked you to apply for CPP-D.

Thank you for replying. How long have you waited?

There is a standard form they send to the employer. It asks details about your job duties, salary, attendance, whether you missed time for illness, whether they had to give you workplace accommodations, if your disability or illness affected your work, if they have work they think you could do, etc

Jammer is right, is not a good or bad sign they didn’t contact your doctor.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.