New Diagnosis after living with a Disorder which is an underlying condition for something greater

I was diagnosis with a disorder in 2004. Since then I have had
worsening symptoms and now it seems like I have a much bigger issue. I never was paid my LTD because they claimed I went back to work during the qualifying period. That was only one because I was unaware of any qualifying period since my union or boss never told me. They trapped me and then I was force to be off work with nothing. I finally was able to get CPPD and now I find out that my issue is much more serious than I thought. Is there anyway to go back on a claim after 17 yrs.?
I know it seems crazy, but then people who claim other issues after 20 yrs is not uncommon depending on the topic. Why can’t all claims be like that. Retroactive.

Contact Resolute for a free consult.

The statutes of limitations are 1-2 years for LTD insurance lawsuits or appeals. People who don’t take action in that period lose the right to do so. These are very very few exceptions especially after 17 years

I can’t speak to your case specifically, you would need specific legal advice. Lawyers generally don’t offer this type of advice in free consultations you would probably have to pay.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.