List all types of disability funding

Hi everyone, can you help me list all possible places I could apply to receive compensation for either a workplace injury or permanent disability preventing me from working. Here is the list I have so far:

1. LTD, with workplace insurance company
  2. WSIB Workers compensation board payments ( what are the limits to receiving benefits for this? how many years max)
  3. CPP disability ( what are the limits to receiving benefits for this? how many years max)

Please list more:

To qualify for a CPP disability benefit, you must have contributed to the CPP in:
four of the last six years; or
three of the last six years if you have contributed for at least 25 years.

We have a local Disability Council of the Disabled. They help clients fill in the paper work for CPPD. Then there is a Workers Compensation Advisor Board. A lawyer is assigned to your case. Good luck.

I wrote just such an article: How to Make a Disability Claim in Canada. It lists all of the sources of disability income.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.