Insurance rehab program

I am ltd for more than 3 years. My insurance has put me on a rehab program andI just found out that the company’s therapists have horrible reviews. Its so bad that some people actually sued them. I have seen several people commenting that if the insurance puts you on such program, do not take it and seek legal help immediately. The problem is that I have already committed to the program and its set to begin. What should i do in this case. People say they will gather info and will use it against you to cut you off.

On the other hand I have also seen David’s videos where he does emphasize to take any program insurance recommends and by refusing such programs, insurance has the opportunity to deny benefits. Should I take legal help at this point? Please advise? I am extremely stressed due to this.

@David_Brannen Would really appreciate your feedback on this. Thanks in advance.

Andew, We discussed this issue yesterday on our weekly webinar. Not sure if you were there. But the TLDR is that you really have no choice but to attend the rehabilition program like this. Many LTD plan contractually require insured people to attend treatment like this. If you refuse, your insurer may be able to stop your LTD because of this contractual requirement. And they would be justified in doing so. Best to attend these programs with an open mind and don’t focus on the reviews. These are licensed health professionals. If you do the program and don’t agree with their recommendations or conclusions you can challenge that on appeals. Give a full effort in the program and be respectful of them so you don’t give them opportunities to say you didn’t take it seriously or didn’t give full effort.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-917-7050 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Hi Andrew. I think David has given you the best suggestion.

Can I ask if this is physical therapy and rehab, or mental health therapy and rehab?

Where did you look up the therapists?

I’m asking only out of my own interest, so you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.