Impact of accident on LTD?

Along with continuing to cope with my chronic illness, I ended falling on cement and broke my elbow & tore my ACL & damaged my MCL on my left knee. Not very functional - I informed the insur company but have not heard anything. Will this be a concern and impact my LTD?

Sorry to hear that you hurt yourself.

If you look at it as a result of side effects from the medications you are taking for your current medical condition or dizziness caused by your illness then it may just blend well with your current LTD.

1 Like

Just let your Insurer know of your additional injuries and if you have any medical information or prescriptions.
It will not affect your claim.

I hope you will recover, best wishes.

Make sure you tell the doctor looking after your chronic illness.
They might be able to help.

The only requirement under most (if not all) disability policies is that the person is continuously “totally disabled” as defined by the policy. When new reasons for disability arise after the claim has started they just add-on to the proof of total disability and are not a concern at all.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliabile manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

1 Like

Thank you all so much!!

1 Like

I can’t figure out what that has to do with LTD.